The newer version of Windows10, known as ‘Windows 10 Creators Update’, with the number 10.0.15063.138 got released this Tuesday- April 12, 2017. It is now available and can be downloaded from:
The update is free and adds new exciting features to your operating system. Although it may not be a very big update for changing your usage experience, but it may also turn out to be amazing!
Here are few of the features added in Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Game Mode:
The game you’ve opened is given more preference thus making your gameplay experience more consistent. This helps to reduce the usage of processor resources and power by the apps running in the background.
- Integration with Beam:
Microsoft bought this streaming feature in video gaming in the year 2016, allowing quicker game initiation and reducing the latency.
- Night Light:
After Apple and Android, now Windows10 has adopted this mode. It reduces the emission of blue light from your laptop screen so that after using your computer, you can have a sound sleep.
Windows 10 Cortana got some upgrades where the virtual assistant will now give you “suggested reminders” to assist you to keep up with your e-mail commitments.
- Microsoft Paint:
The new upgrade introduces the biggest addition to updating the Microsoft paint with Paint 3D; an application that allows you the usage of your finger/ stylus for creating 3-D Models.
- Control your updates:
Windows 10 Creators Update lets you choose the time you want the updates on your system to be installed. You may also pause the installation, for up to three days.
- Microsoft Edge
The Windows10 browser now, with the update, gets the option where you can put certain tabs on hold, to be retrieved later. You will also be able to buy e-books from the Windows Store.
- Windows Maps:
The application gets a new handy upgrade that allows you write or sketch up on the map in order to let it calculate the area covered by your drawn boundary. This feature particularly comes in use when you plan to hike or make long route travel decisions.
- Disable Ads:
Windows 10 start menu, that previously showed ads will no more have ads! The ads are now only limited to Windows 10 OneDrive Cloud Service, that too, if you’ve subscribed.
The ads will not only disappear from the File Explorer, but also from the Start menu and Lock Screen and a few others!
You may disable ads by following these steps:
- Start Menu Ads: Start Settings> Windows Settings > Personalization > Start> Turn OFF: “Occasionally show suggestions in Start.”
- Lock Screen Ads: Windows Settings> Personalization > Lock Screen> Turn OFF: “Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen”
- Share Dialog Ads: File Explorer> Share Tab> Click on any file> Click on ‘Share’ Button > Right click one of the apps> Uncheck “Show apps suggestions.”
- Office 365 Ads: Windows Settings> System> Notifications and Actions>”Get notifications from these senders”> Turn OFF “Geff Office”
- File Explorer Ads: Open File Explorer > View> Options> Change folder and search options> View> Uncheck: ‘Show sync provider notifications checkbox> Hit Apply/OK.
- Windows Ink Ads: Windows Settings> Devices> Pen & Windows Ink> Turn OFF “Show recommended app suggestions”
- Action Center Ads: Notifications & Actions Settings> Turn OFF: “Get notifications from apps and other senders”
- Dolby Atmos App now available on Windows Store