According to the latest report, Galaxy S8 has been ranked as the “Best performing Smartphone” scoring a top notch “A+ grade” from Display Mate. It states:
“The Galaxy S8 is the first in a new generation of OLED Smartphones that have a Full-Screen Display design. It has many major and important state-of-the-art display performance enhancements, features, and functions, with mobile OLED display technology now advancing faster than ever. The Galaxy S8 is the most innovative and high-performance Smartphone display that we have ever lab tested. So the Galaxy S8 becomes the Best Performing Smartphone Display, earning DisplayMate’s highest ever A+ grade.”
Packed with the best features, Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus were unveiled last month, soon after which, from this Friday onwards, the company started welcoming preorders and will continue until April 17th. The standard sale of Samsung Galaxy S8 will begin from the 21st of April, 2017.
The smartphone is already are breaking all records with the number of pre-orders. In Korea, Samsung received a pre-order limit of 550,000, in just 2 days, making it ‘the most in-demand’ model. This record was previously set by Samsung Galaxy Note 7, which reached the limit of 400,000 within 2 days.
- Advertisement -
Availability in the United States of America (USA) and Canada
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ will be available in the market from April 21st in USA and Canada.
Availability in the United Kingdom
The luxury brand in the UK is selling Galaxy S8 duo’s Platinum, 24K Gold and 18K Rose Gold versions at a starting price of £2,250.
- Galaxy S8- 24K Gold is the cheapest edition: £2,250
- Galaxy S8- Platinum version: £2,350
- Galaxy S8- Rose Gold edition: £2,300.
- Galaxy S8 Plus: Add £100 extra to the Galaxy S8 amount.
All pre-orders will be shipping free worldwide from May 22nd. These are subjected to arrive with a few accessories, which are worth no more than about £600. It includes:
- Samsung Gear VR
- Wireless Charger
- Luxury Wooden Display Box
- 24K Gold Power Bank Charger
- Leather Card Holder.
Availability in Pakistan
Both the smartphones are available in Pakistan for pre-order until the 27th of April. It has also been reported that Samsung Pakistan is giving away a surprise voucher, worth PKR 6000 to the individuals placing the pre-order of Galaxy S8/ Galaxy S8+. All you have to do is:
- Fill out the provided form
- Attach a copy of CNIC copy
- To book an order, make a payment of PKR 10,000
The expected price in Pakistan of Samsung Galaxy S8 is suspected to be in the range of PKR 86,000 to 90,000.
About Samsung Galaxy S8:
- Screen Dimensions: 5.8”
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Display: Super AMOLED (Aspect Ratio: 18.5:9)
- Camera: 12 MP (Primary), 8 MP (Secondary)
- Battery: 3000 mAh, Non-removable battery.
- Colors Available: Maple Gold, Orchid Gray, Midnight Black
Other Prominent Features:
- Iris recognition
- Fast performance: IP68-rated
- Fingerprint scanner (moved to the back of the phone)
- 5mm headphone jack
- USB-C port
- The Galaxy S8 dock: that helps you attach the phone to your mouse, desktop etc. so as to run it like your computer
- Wireless charging ( Also fast charging that charges faster)
- Heart rate sensor
- Samsung Pay through which you can make payments on magnetic credit card readers.
- Samsung’s Virtual Reality Software, powered by Facebook’s Oculus.
- Bixby Digital Assistant: Take picture of objects to find relevant data, links or nearby places
With all the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus hype, one of the reports suggests that Samsung will be launching a foldable phone, which would most likely be released sometime in or after 2019.
Samsung is claimed to have placed orders for about 2,000 to 3,000 foldable Galaxy X smartphone units, which are set to be manufactured and then held for testing in the first half of this year.
“Samsung seems to be testing the waters with the dual-screen device to gather ideas about its upcoming foldable phone”.
For further details on the product, you may visit SAMSUNG OFFICIAL WEBSITE.