The Apex Legends has been a great success for EA games. It has gained rapid popularity in the Battle Royale genre since its release on February 4. However, some players are facing crashing issues especially if they have Nvidia RTX GPUs. Fortunately, Nvidia has released GeForce graphics card drivers update which fixes this issue and even optimizes Apex Legends and several other games also.
The updated driver version is 419.35 WHQL which specifically addresses the “DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG” bug that was causing the crash. This update will also improve the performance in games to-be-launched like Devil May Cry 5 and Tom Clancy’s The Division II, to help these titles run more smoothly.
There is also added support for G-sync compatible displays, three more monitors have been added which include the Acer ED273 A, Acer XF250Q and BenQ XL2540-B / ZOWIE XL LCD. This latest driver also bolsters support for CUDA 10.1 and an update to version 8.1.951.0 of the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Some other major issues have also been fixed with this update including the ‘NvDisplay.Container.exe’ process which previously used to consume a lot of CPU. Here is the list of every fix this update brings:
- [G-SYNC]: With a G-SYNC and G-SYNC Compatible display connected in clone mode, flashing occurs on games played on the G-SYNC display with G-SYNC enabled. 
- [Apex Legends]: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes.
- [Hitman 2]: Pixelated corruption appears in the game. 
- [Batman: Arkham Origins]: PhysX fog renders incorrectly 
- [GeForce RTX 2080][PhysX][Assassin’s Creed 4 – Black Flag]: Smoke dispersal appears accelerated. 
- Microsoft.Photos.exe randomly crashes. 
- NVDisplay.Container.exe causes high CPU usage. 
The complete release notes are available here. You can download the latest Nvidia drivers using the GeForce Experience app or can visit their website.
There are several other bugs in the game responsible for crashes but for now, this driver update will fix the issue especially for the Nvidia RTX owners. Respawn themselves have mentioned about a number of bugs and have confirmed to launch the inaugural season on March 12 which will fix all these exploits.
AMD graphics card owners have also experienced this bug but they haven’t received any update as of now. The fix will surely be available in the upcoming Radeon drivers.
Regardless of all these issues, the Apes Legends has become one of the most popular games, Respawn claimed that the game had surpassed 50 million players worldwide just a month after launch.