korea-missile-launch-failed-min

North Korea conducted a medium-range missile test on Sunday despite US tensions. The missile exploded after five seconds of its launch.

North Korea came across a high-profile missile failure. The ballistic missile projectile fell into the East Sea of Korea, Sea of Japan.

The failed test came a day after the celebrations of the 105th birthday of North Korea founder Kim Il Sung, the late grandfather of North Korean current leader. It held a massive military parade in Pyongyang in which nearly 60 different missiles were showcased. It is said that suspected ballistic missile was also included among them.

According to South Korean defense official, the missile was launched in Sinpo which is a port city on the coast of eastern North Korea. South Korean officials called a meeting of the National Security Council following a failure of the test.

South Korean Foreign Ministry considered conducting the missile test just a day after displaying a series of missiles as an act to “threaten the whole world”.

“Our government condemns this serious threat on the Korean peninsula and overall international society,” said the South Korean Foreign Minister.

The test was launched hours before Michael Richard Pence arrived in Seoul, South Korea as part of previously scheduled trip. The trip aimed for talks on restraints North Korea from launching weapon program. Pence assured South Korea of full support from Washington against any threat from its neighbors.

Figure 1U.S. Vice President Mike Pence speaks during an Easter fellowship dinner South Korea on Sunday.

US Pacific Command said it tracked a missile launch at 5:21 p.m. according to Eastern Time. According to initial reports by White House foreign policy adviser, it was a medium-range missile which blew up almost immediately.

There was no such response from the Trump administration. President Donald Trump was quiet about the failed launch of a missile from North Korea. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said in his statement that Trump and his military team “are aware of North Korea’s most recent unsuccessful missile launch. The president has no further comment.”

No planned response is expected from the Trump administration because of the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the administration’s initial understanding of the launch, said there was no need for the U.S. to reinforce the failure.

On Thursday Trump tweeted, “I have great confidence that China will properly deal with North Korea. If they are unable to do so, the U.S., with its allies, will!” According to his statement, he is expecting China to intervene and put pressure on its neighbor.

North Korea has conducted five nuclear tests before, including two last year. Its goal is conducting a test of long-range and middle-range nuclear missile that can target the United States troops and eventually, the United State’s mainland.

This missile was launched from the same point as it was launched on April 5, according to White House, Foreign Policy Adviser.

North Korea is banned from all missile and nuclear tests by the UN, though it has never followed and repeatedly broken those sanctions.

It is fear that North Korea is planning nuclear weapon test. Recent satellite imagery also suggests that it could conduct another underground nuclear test at any time.

UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson issued another warning to North Korea following the failed missile launch. “They must stop these belligerent acts and comply with UN resolutions,” he said.

Advertisememt
SHARE
Previous articleBest Android Phone of 2017
Next articleSaturn moon Enceladus to support life
Matthew is an experiences journalist who enjoys writing about his own travel experiences, along with science and tech.

LEAVE A REPLY