What we saw only in Sci-Fi movies once is now a reality. Since the arrival of smartphones in the market, the application of automation and integration of smartphones with appliances has changed our lives altogether. Smart homes are a reality now. But they can be quite a drag on your pocket because, in order to turn the whole house smart, a lot of devices need to be bought. The simplest and cheapest solution to this problem so far is the invention of Cnct’s IntelliPlug.
The IntelliPlug is a smart plug featuring Wi-Fi connectivity which means it can easily connect to your smartphone. It can be set-up quite easily and can be controlled through your voice. This smart plug can also be controlled remotely through your smartphone. It is quite inexpensive and although it does not have a lot of features like other costly smart home devices, it does have scheduling functions and a countdown timer among other functions.
Some premium features will include integration with Amazon’s Alexa through the Amazon Echo or Dot, upgrading itself automatically and UL certification. It is highly affordable and very easy to install. Just plug it in a socket, download its app on your smartphone and run it. The IntelliPlug can control all plugged in devices using our smartphones such as lights, fans, and all other electrical appliances. With this device, anyone can have their smart home dream come true without spending a lot of money.
- Advertisement -
IntelliPlug will soon be Google Assistant compatible. Its mobile application is available for both iOS and Android.
How it Works
- Shortlist any regular wall outlet at your home for attaching the IntelliPlug on it.
- Wi-Fi network should be available for making the connection between device and router.
- After this, connect the IntelliPlug device to the Wi-Fi network.
- Plug your device into IntelliPlug.
- Download the app and install it on your phone.
- Control your device from the app
IntelliPlug turns your home into a smart home and brings a lot of ease of accessibility to your everyday activities. Some of the applications of the plug are given below:
- Unparalleled Control – Remotely control all plugged in devices through your smartphone. A tap on your smartphone and its done.
- Set Schedules – Schedules can be set on the plug to automatically switch devices on and off.
- Seamless Installation – Installation is easy and anyone can do it. Simply plug it in any socket, connect to your home’s Wi-Fi network and start using it through your smartphone or using the voice control option.
- Size – Its sleek and compact design make it compatible with other devices simultaneously plugged in next to it. It does not protrude or cause obstruction.
- Protection – The plug can be controlled from afar simply by using our smartphones. Therefore, it can be used to switch lights on or off inside the house in case a toddler or anyone else is in a dark room and might trip or if you want to give the impression that you are at home in order to deter any break-ins.
- Voice Activated – This option is quite convenient if you are away from your smartphone, walked into a room and want it lit without having to search in your bag for the phone or your hands are occupied and cannot fiddle with the phone.
- Wi-Fi connectivity available – It just goes into a normal socket and does not need a separate hub
- Voice control available – At the time being only Amazon’s Alexa is available on the IntelliPlug but Google Assistant will soon be a feature
- Countdown timer
- Scheduling feature
- Remote control
- Smart charging – this implies that the plug will automatically turn off once your plugged-in phone is fully charged.
- Energy usage tracking – tracking should be energy conservative.
- HomeKit or Google Home has not been integrated with the device yet.
- IFTTT integration has yet not been made.
Integration of devices with each other is extremely important since smart homes make use of a lot of devices and they all can only work well if they work together. This cooperation leads to making the home smarter with fewer hassles.
- Measurements of the device: 2.17″ x 08″ 1.89″/55mm x 27.5mm x 48mm
- Weight of the device: 57 grams/2.0 ounces
- Wireless Details: 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi
- Speed of the device: IEEE802.11 b/g/n
- Materials used: SABIC 945 fireproof polycarbonate, H62 brass
- Certifications: FCC, cULus, RoHS