Call of Duty: Warzone is the free-to-play Battle Royale counterpart to the Modern Warfare game. While Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has been very successful in its own regard, Warzone has taken that success to the next level. The battle royale game has brought a breath of fresh air to the genre with its innovative game mechanics.
For instance, the revival systems including the Gulag really put a spanner in the works during matches. In addition to that, other game modes within Warzone like Blood Money are also really fun to dive into. However, the fact that the game is practically free-to-play and is a Call of Duty game is arguably the biggest reason for its success.
However, credit should be given where it is due. Infinity Ward has done an incredible job of supporting the game thus far. Hence, Warzone and Modern Warfare have both received consistent updates that add new content to the game.
Not only that, but the game also continues to get new game modes including limited-time modes and massive 250 player battle royale arenas. With the next Call of Duty: Black Ops game on the horizon, a lot of people have reservations whether Warzone will be supported after 2020 or not.
However, it seems like Infinity Ward has no plans of giving up on the game any time soon as the company has a pretty expansive roadmap for the future of both Warzone and Modern Warfare.
Call of Duty: Warzone Combat Pack Season 4 is live on PS Plus
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone run on the Seasons model. This means that in addition to the smaller updates, we get seasonal refreshes with big content drops. The last big update, which was the Season 4 update, has been out for over 3 weeks now. The update was over a gigantic 80 GB in size and added tons of new stuff to the game.
A season update isn’t the end of content though. On PlayStation 4, specifically for subscribers of PlayStation Plus, Infinity Ward releases a Combat Pack for every season. A Combat Pack is a PS Plus exclusive add-on for Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare that unlocks a bunch of exclusive content for players including skins, emblems, blueprints, and other neat items.
Following that trend, we’re finally getting a Call of Duty: Warzone Combat Pack for Season 4 as well. The combat pack will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members until October 2020 after which, everyone else will be able to access those items too.
The Season 4 Combat Pack for Call of Duty: Warzone adds in a bunch of new exciting stuff to the game.
- Starting off with a new weapon blueprint, the Coldrift is a sleek new design that instantly makes itself seen during gameplay. The blue vibrant blue skin is surely going to turn a lot of eyes.
- The second thing that’s being added to the new Combat Pack is the Forge Tac Ultralight laser. This is paired with an 8.5″ factory mini barrel and 5 mW laser for that increased accuracy, especially on submachine guns.
- In addition to the cosmetics, a brand new Special Ops Survival Mission also makes its way to the game in the combat pack. The mission takes place in the classic Talsik Backlot map, which was also present in the original Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare game.
What do you need to get the Season 4 Combat Pack?
Now, getting the Combat Pack for Season 4 is not as straight forward as some other games. While most of the additional content for Warzone and Modern Warfare is usually downloaded automatically, things like the Combat Packs need to be unlocked and installed manually.
Furthermore, you need to have an active PlayStation Plus subscription on the account that you are trying to get the Combat Pack for. This means that if you’re playing on a secondary account, you won’t be able to download the Combat Pack for Call of Duty: Warzone Season 4.
If you’ve checked all the boxes above, it is time to finally move on towards installing the Combat Pack.
How to install the Warzone Season 4 Combat Pack on PlayStation 4
Now, in order to install the Call of Duty: Warzone Season 4 Combat Pack, all you need to do is install it via the PlayStation Store. Do keep in mind that you need an active PS Plus account and must have installed the game already in order for it to work. So, to install the Combat Pack, just follow these steps:
- Go to the Home Page of your PlayStation 4 console and open up the PlayStation store.
- Now, in the search bar, look for Call of Duty: Warzone. You can just type Warzone and it should show up.
- You might have to scroll down a bit within the search results but once you find the Combat Pack in there, select it.
- Once you’re on the Combat Pack page, select the purchase button to download it. The Season 4 Combat Pack will now start downloading.
When the Combat Pack has successfully downloaded and installed, you can head into the game and find all of your new stuff lying in there. If you were unable to find or install the Combat Pack, there might be an issue with the region of your account. For instance, if you have an EU account but your game’s region is the US, downloadable content won’t work for you.
However, if you still wish to access that content on your account and are getting errors, you can check out our guide for that here.
Apart from the Combat Pack for the Season for Call of Duty: Warzone, Infinity Ward has also announced a Starter Pack. The Starter Pack, much like the Combat Pack, adds a bunch of new cosmetics to the game, including a very unique player skin. You can get the Starter Pack on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
Season 4 Reloaded Update Patch Notes
The new Combat Pack comes as a part of the Season 4 reloaded update, which is pretty chunky at over 25 GB. The update has added a lot of new game modes, new content, and little balancing tweaks to the game. Additionally, we also got the new 200 player Battle Royale mode. You can check out the full patch notes down below:
200 Player Warzone!
Verdansk will now be able to hold up to 200 players. Jump into Battle Royale Quads with 200 players!
Supply Run Contracts!
Upon activation, you and your squad (if applicable) will be directed to a nearby Buy Station. Reach it within the time limit to get a discount on Buy Station purchases.
Think of this as a high-powered scope without the glint; this re-usable scope allows you to scan the environment around you and mark enemies without being detected. Furthermore, it is perfect for scouting ahead. Additionally, the Spotter Scope is a great tool for Operators who want to plan their next move while keeping a low profile.
- Ground War
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Team Defender
- Cheshire Park 24/7
- Shoot the Ship 24/7
- Gunfight Tournaments
- Realism Mosh Pit is now in the Quick Play Filter
- Modified Special Operations: Strongbox Regular, Strongbox Veteran
- New Gulag weapons! Semi-auto rifles, snipers, along with one “just fists and a throwing knife” loadout!
- Fix for an issue where players could modify weapons with attachments from other weapons while using a mouse
- Fixed the wording in the Daily Challenge “Deploy the Manual Turret Killstreak 5 Times” to say “Shield Turret”
- Multiplayer and Warzone win/losses now track as intended per mode
- Improved stability for PC players
- Also added a fix for Kreuger’s eyes coming out of his character model while performing the Brassed Off execution
- Fix for some Completionist camos not applying to the Witching Hour (AX-50 variant)
- Fixed an exploit on Krovnik Farmland while playing Reinfected Ground War
- Fixed a bug where the MIL-SIM CTSFO ViewModel gloves didn’t match the in-game world model
- Fix for a section of Hardhat that had an invisible collision
- Fix for a bug where Demolition matches would not end as intended in overtime
- Added the Kali Sticks to modes like All or Nothing, Gun Game, Infected, and Gunfight
- Longshots now display the distance in the point feed
- Fixed a bug where the Juggernaut HUD elements would remain on the screen if the player was crushed by a crate
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck in place when throwing a grenade and trying to use a Shield Turret at the same time
- If a player throws a Molotov at a severely damaged Deployable Cover, the Deployable Cover will break and the Molotov fire will disappear, but damage for the fire remains present for a duration of ~20 seconds. This has been fixed
- Recon Drones can now be destroyed with Throwing Knives
- Hipfire reticles are now visible in Spectate and in the Killcam. This will make it easier to tell if a player is using Stopping Power rounds or Slug rounds
- Fix for an exploit in Boneyard where players could climb into the destroyed portion of a plane
- Gas Mask now cracks when you’re taking damage near or in the circle
- ‘Team Wiped’ message now appears in the kill feed for your whole squad to see
- Fix for an issue where players could spawn under the map after winning their Gulag match
- Fixed a bug where players using Charly’s Tactical Human skin or Mara’s Valkryie skin would notice their character models missing from the ex-fil epilogue in the helicopter
- The audio for the Supply Choppers is too loud, preventing players from hearing most other sounds and communicating with their squad. This has been adjusted
- During the Supply Chopper event, the supply choppers may spawn from under the map, killing players positioned on top of these locations as they raised through the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for the final circle being too close over areas that players cannot access such as the middle of Stadium
- The After Action Report now shows Cash Earned and Placement
- Fix for a rare bug where a player spawned out of bounds after dying out of bounds
- Fix for a minor issue where the radio operator dialog and subtitles for called in Killstreaks could incorrectly play the wrong faction
- Now allow up to three Precision Airstrikes to be called in at once but within a distance restriction
- The M4 will perform an AR magazine reload when attempting to reload the under-barrel launcher while you have the 50 Round Mag attachment equipped. This has been fixed
- Stopping Power is now applied to headshots. Only certain weapons can go from a 2-shot to a 1-shot headshot, like the FAL and Oden. This fixes a few cases where headshots could sometimes do less damage than body shots when using Stopping Power
- Start Ammo and Max Ammo Adjustments:
- Increased Max Ammo: M4 .458 SOCOM Rounds
- Increased Max Ammo and Start Ammo:
- CR-56 AMAX M67 Rounds
- SKS 10 Round Mags
- Striker 45 Hollowpoint Rounds
- SCAR Default Mags
- Oden Default Mags
- Increased Start Ammo:
- SCAR 25 Round Mags
- Oden 25 Round Mags
- AX-50: Increased damage range
- HDR: Guaranteed one-hit to lower torso at any range
- Increased ADS speed
- Small decrease to hip spread
- Increased damage range
- MK2 Carbine:
- Faster movement speed
- Increased damage range
- Increased ADS speed
- 2 hit kill min
- Gun recoil returns to the center more
- Faster rate of fire
- FAL: Added a close-range damage shelf with one-hit headshot potential
- AK-47: Increased ADS speed
- CR-56 AMAX: Decreased damage range
- Decreased damage range
- Decreased 10MM damage range
- Reduced long-range damage to 10MM ammo
- Slight recoil increase to 10MM ammo
- Grau 5.56
- Damage range reduction
- Slight increase to high-frequency recoil
- Reduced recoil compensation and decreased range on Tempus 26.4” Archangel and FSS 20.8” Nexus barrels
- Shotgun Slugs:
- Increased projectile velocity
- Reduced ads spread
- Added dynamic hip spread
- Increased damage ranges
- Increased lower torso damage
- No stock attachment:
- Increased weapon recoil
- Decreased ADS aiming steadiness
- Improved the effectiveness of the Decoy Grenade against most types of enemy soldiers
- Added new Mission ‘Hard Boiled’ – Demonstrate your proficiency in Co-Op operations with these tricky challenges!
- Operation Harbinger – Fixed issue where some of the white trucks would appear without any enemies inside of them
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL
- At the Weapons Store, the weapons with purchased Gunsmith attachments are now displayed clearly
- The Buy Phase timer now pulses red when about to run out to help remind players of the upcoming wave
- Sorted out the issue where the text chat was overlapping some Buy Phase store elements
- Fixed issue where players could purchase weapons from the store as they are being downed
- Tweaked the issue where if players voted to ‘Retry’ after failing beyond wave 55 they would start each Buy Phase with reduced time
- Fixed a rare issue where players could use Munitions / Killstreaks in while downed