Gone are the days when you could simply jailbreak your phone and use tweaks like phantom or Snapchat++ to secretly take screenshots on Snapchat. This is because the jailbreaking for newer iOS versions is nearly dead, and Snapchat automatically bans accounts if they use 3rd party tweaks. What if we told you a secret way to still take a screenshot on your iOS device without any jailbreaking required?
Yes, there is still a loophole which exists, and Snapchat still hasn’t been able to patch that. It has been there for a long time, and no, it doesn’t involve using the iOS 11 Screen Recording feature. The iOS 11 Screen Recording feature indeed worked for some time, but the Snapchat Team quickly released an update which would notify the other person immediately if the screen was recorded.
Taking screenshots of someone’s snap or snap-story might seem naughty, but there can be other reasons as well. For instance, the snap timer might be too fast, and you can’t see all the people in the picture in just 3 seconds. So, what do you do? Screenshot and then delete – Maybe.
Disclaimer: Taking screenshots of private photos of someone might be illegal in some countries, so do this at your own risk. We at factschronicle take no liability in case of any incident.
Let us now get to the juicy part:
How to take a screenshot of a Snapchat story secretly without the other person knowing
- First of all, open the Snap-story that you want to screenshot.
- Once you have seen it, turn on Airplane mode, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned off too completely by going into the settings.
- Then, just head over to the Snap story you so desperately want to screenshot, and literally quickly take a screenshot of it, by holding down the Power Button + Home Button at the same time for a few seconds.
- Once you have taken the screenshot, with Snapchat app still open, immediately hold down the Power Button for like 10 seconds, until the Slide to Power Off screen appears.
- Then simply press and hold the Home Button for five seconds or more until the screen blacks out.
- Tada! You have just force killed the Snapchat app, and it will restart automatically. You can now safely turn off Airplane mode again, with the screenshot resting safely in your gallery.
How to take a screenshot of a personal Snap sent to you secretly without the other person knowing
The method is quite the same with some minor changes.
- First of all, make sure you have loaded the snap of someone you want to screenshot, by pressing Tap to Load.
- Don’t open the snap yet.
- Turn off Airplane mode, and once again make sure Wi-Fi is turned off completely.
- Open the Snap now and take the screenshot.
- Hold down the Power Button for 10 seconds until the Slide to Power Off Screen shows up.
- Now, press the Home Button for five seconds to effectively force kill the app, and restart it.
- Voila! You can now turn off Airplane mode safely.
Note: In case you have already seen the personal snap, and later realized you wanted to take a screenshot, then after seeing the snap you should immediately reload the snap but, by pressing Tap to Replay but DO NOT open it again yet. First turn on Airplane mode and then follow the steps 4-7 above. Though this indeed would send an “XXX replayed your snap”, but at least you are able to screenshot without the other person knowing.
Recording complete Snap-videos whether sent personally or on a Snap-Story without the other person knowing.
This relies on the above method, but you would need your phone to be on iOS 11 or later (iOS 12 beta) to able to record your phone screen. Also, make sure you have the screen recording option already enabled by going to the Control Center settings and then choosing Customize Controls.
- When all this is done, just turn on Airplane mode, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned off completely.
- Open Snapchat.
- Swipe up from the bottom to access Control Center and press the Screen Recording icon.
- Immediately, open the personal video snap sent to you or the video on someone’s SnapChat story that you want to record.
- Once the whole video is finished, press on the top of your screen to stop Screen Recording
- Now, all that’s left is holding down the power button for 10 seconds until the Slide to Power Off screen appears
- From there, just press and hold the Home Button for 5 seconds or more to force kill the app, after which you can turn off Airplane mode safely.