WhatsApp is without a doubt the market-leader when it comes to instant messaging apps as it so happens to roughly connect more than 1.2 billion people all over the world each day. That’s a great feat, to be honest, and with such earth-wide adoption, people expect a lot from WhatsApp – and it delivers.
Just a year ago, WhatsApp came up with the idea of having its presence on the World Wide Web rather than just sticking to its mobile app which lets people share images, documents and instantly chat with each other. Although the intuition for both the web versions and the app one is the same, there is just some minor difference, like voice calling.
Other than that, WhatsApp web also offers nearly the same level of customization which you would expect on its mobile version; though not many of us would know this. You can even change the chat wallpaper of your WhatsApp Web if you would like to. The reason for this can be various. People tend to get bored with the same default wallpaper behind their chats and they want to try something new. On the other hand, some of us want to see their favorite picture all the time, so they resort to using it as a wallpaper too. Thus, here is how you can easily change the chat wallpaper on the WhatsApp Web Service.
What you need
- First of all, you need to make sure that both your smartphone and PC are connected to a good internet connection.
- You must have the latest version of Whatsapp on your smartphone. (Go to the Google Play store or iOS App Store to see if there is an update available)
- You must also be logged into the Whatsapp Web version already. In case you haven’t already it’s quite simple. Just head over to whatsapp.com in your favorite web browser. With WhatsApp already opened on your phone as well, just click on the three vertical dots on Android or Settings on iOS devices, and then choose the Whatsapp Web option. You just need to scan the QR code on your PC screen and you are all set up.
How to change the background on your Whatsapp Web service
- First, open WhatsApp Web on your PC.
- By the right side of your profile picture, click on the three vertical dots.
- Select the Settings option, and choose
- Select the Wallpaper that you think suits you best and click on it.
- You just need to press OK now and Congratulations! You have now set your favorite background/wallpaper for the WhatsApp Web Service as well.