Fortnite update v8.40 dropped yesterday with a bang bringing a whole load of new game modes and game mechanics. The update added a new plane fighting mode called Air Royale that turned a lot of heads. However, with that update, the Week 8 of Season 8 is also now in full swing. As usual, the week 8 is full of challenges and rewards that can give you the bragging rights over all of your friends. Finishing these challenges gives you Battle Stars that you can use to level up your Battle Pass and unlock many cosmetic items.
Week 8, like every other week before, brings a couple of sets of challenges for players. The first one is mainly for players that don’t have a Battle Pass. These challenges can be completed by anyone who is playing the game. The challenges in this category include finding a treasure map, using vending machines and damaging enemies while using a balloon. On the other hand, the second set of challenges is for the premium Battle Pass players. These challenges include finding Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces, different ways to take out enemies and dialing the Durr Burger number. In addition to these, there is a special bonus challenge for players who complete the previous challenges. This Discovery challenge gives you a special loading screen so you can show off.
Fortnite Season 8, Week 8 Challenge List
- Stage 1: Look for the treasure map signpost in the Paradise Palms area. This will give you 2 Battle Stars.
- Using the Vending Machines during 3 different matches. This will fetch you 5 Battle Stars.
- Deal damage to enemies while using a balloon 100 times. Doing this will give you 10 Battle Stars.
Battle Pass Challenges:
- Search the 7 Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces under bridges and inside caves. This will earn you 5 Battle Stars.
- Stage 1: Dial the Durr Burger number on the big telephone west of Fatal Fields. This will get you 2 Battle Stars.
- Eliminate 7 opponents at Lucky Landing or the Dusty Divot. This will fetch you 10 Battle Stars.
- Eliminate 2 opponents from 50m away or further. This is worth 10 Battle Stars.
Search Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces challenge:
Most of the challenges of Week 8 are pretty straightforward apart from a couple. One of them is the search for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces under the Battle Pass category. In order to complete the mission, players need to search jigsaw puzzle pieces under bridges and caves. There is a total of 7 jigsaw puzzle pieces. These pieces are scattered throughout the map inside many caves and under different bridges. If you’ve not crammed the whole map in your mind somehow, chances are you’re going to walk around a lot to find the pieces. However, we’re here to save your precious time. We’ve marked the locations of the puzzle pieces on the map for you.
Locations for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces
- Under the bridge that is northwest of Lucky Landing.
- Inside the cave that’s southeast from The Block.
- Beneath the bridge that is to the south of Shifty Shafts location.
- The cave at the north-eastern corner of the Tilted Towers.
- Underneath the bridge to the south of the Paradise Palms.
- The edge of the desert that’s northwest of the Paradise Palms.
- Inside the Yeti’s cave in the south-western corner of the map.
When you successfully manage to find all the 7 pieces of the jigsaw puzzle, they’ll join together. This will form an image of a rather peculiar creature and then abruptly disappear. We don’t know what this exactly means in the grand scheme of things. However, the challenge will be completed after this, resulting in a reward of 5 Battle Stars.
Season 8 Discovery Challenge Week 8: Secret Banner Location
After completing all the challenges from a week, players can do an additional bonus challenge. This will result in clearance of a Discovery challenge and will also earn you a very special loading screen which you can flaunt. Apart from looking cool and unique, these loading screens also have some clues that can lead you to additional Battle Star or Secret Banner. The Battle Star, as expected, will be added to the total count and level up the Battle Pass. On the other side, you can use the Banner as a profile icon. If you complete all 8 weeks of challenges from Season 8, you’ll get the loading screen shown below. The screen for this week shows a legendary skin called Ruin that players can unlock after completing a total of 55 weekly challenges in Season 8.
The loading screen has a set of hidden coordinates inside the flames. These are B6, B7, C6, and C7. Going to this location will get you the free banner. The banner is hidden right on the location where the coordinates come together. Go to the area in any match and the banner will be sitting there. Pick it up like any other item and then you’d be able to use it as a profile icon. However, you need to keep one thing in mind before going to claim the banner. You need to complete all the 8 weeks of challenges and unlock the loading screen or else the banner won’t appear in the location. The location for the banner has been marked on the map down below. Good luck!