Doing the laundry, drying it and then going through the hassle of getting those crinkles out is a routine most of you run away from. However, this new robot can relieve some of that load, ironing your clothes for ya!
Effie, the domestic bot/machine irons your clothes for you. Hang your clothes up straight from the washing machine, click go, look smart. It’s as simple as that, so why beat around the bush. This futuristic, case-looking domestic machine has the capability to iron 12 clothing items in a single go. Tempting isn’t it?
With machines replacing many hand tasks already, the emergence of this iron robo isn’t something astounding. It’s the need of the hour to have machines at domestic level to make on the go life these days running without the hurdles. Like the automated vacuums, this domestic machine tends to make the time-consuming chore of smoothening out crinkles, as easy as a flick of a button!
The effie not only irons the clothes but dries them as well. All you need to do is to wash the laundry and dump the clothes in the bot. You will get dried and freshly crisp ironed clothes in no time. The machine takes 6 minutes to iron wet clothing article and 3 minutes if the article is dry (3 minutes per article).
While the machine provides the facilitation, it does so not only for your shirts, but bed linens, skirts, t-shirts, trousers and much more. It can also be used to dry the small clothing articles including your undergarments.
It’s pretty simple to operate the machine. The cupboard look-a-like contains a fold-out rail to carry multiple hangers. Total of 12 in number, these custom made hangers are designed to fit each and every size and style of clothing.
Once placed inside, the clothes are hit with a burst of steam and heat. Consequently, causing the crinkles to smoothen out and the clothes to brighten up. Effie is built to tackle cotton, silk, viscose rayon, polyester, and denim and a single button on the machine is all you need to press to begin the whole process. Once the ironing is done, you will be notified on the related app on your phone. The app will serve as a marketplace as well to order optional fragrance pods. The pods are for adding extra aroma to pressed clothing. All in all, following is what you get with the ironing bot:
- effie has no complicated settings, just click one button to start! It will automatically work out everything it needs to know.
- Use effie to dry your delicate clothes that don’t need ironing. Just add them to the drying bag, and run them through the device with the other items.
- Add a fragrance pod during a cycle and make your clothes smell fresh if you like. There will be a number of pod smells to choose from.
- If you want that perfect crease in your sleeve, no need to take out your iron – just use the handy touch up tool connected to the device.
- effie only needs water to work, but it doesn’t need to be plumbed in. Just remove the tank, fill it up, slide it back in and it is ready to go.
- Keep an eye on effie’s progress from anywhere, and be alerted when it’s finished. Also order replacement pods and hangers with a click.
However all this comes with a price! 699 pounds, just for the sake of ironing!! Not so tempting now is it? Well, if you really are some millionaire, who needs new clothes, pressed on a daily basis then this is certainly your pick. Otherwise, not really a good choice, the good old iron rocks all the way!!