Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has been out for a couple of weeks now. The game has already broken sales records and has become the best selling Call of Duty game of this generation. For Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Infinity Ward has decided to go back to the roots of the franchise and reinvent the formula within a much darker setting.
While the single player campaign is gathering high praise from everyone, the multiplayer is not far behind either. The new multiplayer changes the meta for the franchise by introducing bigger maps and a much more refined and slower experience. We’ve also got some new game modes like the 2v2 Gunfight and the massive 32v32 chaos that is Ground War.
However, as always, people dig through the game files to find some interesting information about the game and the development process. Usually, data miners find some unused textures or areas that may have been scrapped. With Call of Duty: Modern Warfare though, it seems like they’ve struck a massive gold mine.
How to fix Call of Duty: Modern Warfare performance issues?
Data miners strike gold while rummaging through Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game files
In what could possibly be the biggest leak of this generation, data miners have found evidence of 38 new maps and 23 game modes making their way to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. While there is no confirmation from the developer about whether these will even get released, the sheer number of maps and game modes that exist out in the wild is still staggeringly high.
Usually, game developers don’t include so much stuff into their game files right from the start. Releasing new maps and game modes is an ongoing gradual process that spreads out over a long span of time. However, it seems like Infinity Ward has already figured out everything that the game will get in the long run.
The impressiveness of this feat in terms of planning on the part of the developer cannot be undermined.
New uncovered maps for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Here is the full list containing all of the new maps found by data miners in the game files. The list has been compiled by Senescallo on Reddit and includes all of the official names for the maps, the game modes they support, and their respective file names.
- Cage (mp_m_cage)
- Cargo (mp_m_cargo)
- Hook (mp_m_hook)
- Exclusion Zone (mp_m_exclusion)
- Shoot House (mp_m_speed)
- Aniyah Tac (mp_aniyah_tac)
- Crash (mp_crash2)
- Dam (mp_dam)
- Krovnik Farmland (mp_farms2)
- Gulag (mp_gulag)
- Hospital (mp_hospital)
- Layover (mp_layover)
- Lowline (mp_lowline)
- Lumber (mp_lumber)
- Malyshev (mp_malyshev)
- Milbase (mp_millbase)
- Oasis (mp_oasis)
- Port (mp_port2)
- Prison (mp_prison)
- Rivne (mp_rivne)
- Shipment (mp_shipment)
- Shipmight (Day) (mp_shipment_am)
- Shipment (Night) (mp_shipment_pm)
- Slums (mp_slums)
- Stadium (mp_stadium)
- Sub Base (mp_subbase_lm)
- Super (mp_super)
- Urzikstan (mp_syrkistan)
- Torez (mp_torez)
- Transit (mp_transit)
- TV Station (mp_tvstation)
- Faridah (mp_faridah)
- Rust (mp_rust)
- Takedown (mp_takedown)
- Borderline (mp_borderline)
- Smetna Farms (mp_farms2_gw)
- Gun Course (mp_t_gun_course)
- Marksman Range (mp_t_sn_reflex)
Everything you need to know about Call of Duty: Mobile
New game modes uncovered by data miners
In addition to the maps, data miners also uncovered 23 new game modes. This number is insanely high considering Call of Duty games usually roll with around 8 game modes. However, most of the new modes uncovered here are probably limited-time modes for special events and such.
The game modes were spotted by the team of leakers at Charlie Intel. Here is a list of all the game modes with their file names and a description of what they will contain:
- Showdown (gametype_showdown)
- Onslaught (gametype_onslaught)
- Incursion (gametype_incursion)
- Fireteam (+ Hardcore) (gametype_fireteam)
- Breach (gametype_breach)
- Arms Race (+ Hardcore) (gametype_arm)
- Team Juggernaut (gametype_tjugg): Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Reinforce (gametype_siege): Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round.
- Rupture (gametype_rugby): Take control of a powerful Juggernaut and push to the enemy’s base to win.
- One in the Chamber (gametype_oic): Gain Ammo by eliminating enemies. Highest score wins.
- Invasion (+ Hardcore) (gametype_blitz): Take your team’s flag into the enemy team’s base.
- Infected (gametype_infect): Eliminated Survivors become Infected. Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
- High Value Target (gametype_hvt): Gain score by eliminating players on the opposing team. Extract high value enemy combatants to steal score back.
- Gun Game (gametype_gun): Be the first player to score a kill with each one of the provided weapons.
- Grind (gametype_grind): Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
- Drop Zone (gametype_dropzone): Hold the Drop Zone to earn points and Drone Packages.
- Demolition (gametype_demo): Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Defender (gametype_tdef): Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Search and Rescue (gametype_sr): Teams take turns defending and destroying an objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Capture the Flag (gametype_ctf): Get the enemy flag and return it to your base.
- Fire Mission (+ Hardcore) (gametype_btm): Eliminate enemies, capture HQ’s and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- Assault (gametype_assault): Attackers attack bomb site. Defenders defend!
- All or Nothing (gametype_aon): Spawn with a custom pistol, throwing knife and no starting ammo. Extra perks are gained on kills, but you lose everything on death.
Which map and game mode are you excited about the most? Let us know down in the comments below. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is now out on PS4, Xbox One and PC.