Civilization is a longstanding series that has maintained appeal due to its engaging gameplay mechanics, particularly as a 4X strategy game. Civilization 6 has continued this trend and has been just as captivating and enduring as its predecessors. For many gamers, having complete command over their civilization is an enticing idea, and utilizing console commands can take this experience to the next level.
The number of available civilization 6 debug commands is limited. Nonetheless, players can easily access a handy debug menu without spending much time experimenting with the game. By reading on, players can learn the procedures required to access the Civilization 6 console commands and gain knowledge of their capabilities.
To use the Command Console in Civ 6, players need to enable it first, but it’s a simple process. They can start by going to the My Games > Sid Meier’s Civilization VI folder in their documents and locating the AppOptions.txt file. Using a text editor such as Notepad, players can open this file and find the line required to activate the Command Console.
Command Console can be enabled by editing a specific line in the AppOptions.txt file. By replacing the 0 with a 1, players can activate the Command Console and use it during gameplay. Accessing the Command Console is as simple as pressing the key below the Escape and Tab keys.
- Advertisement -
Upon accessing the Command Console, the debug menu becomes the main feature available to players. When accessing the debug menu, players can view their previous console commands by pressing the up arrow key. By pressing the down arrow key or clicking on the cog symbol, players can access a range of diagnostic options for different graphs. To help players understand these options, we have listed them below, briefly explaining their functions.
Opening the debug menu in Civilization 6 using the Command Console grants players access to various diagnostic options in different graphs. These options include:
- Show Frame Statistics: displays information about the game’s FPS, screen resolution, and VSYNC settings, among other display options.
- Show Frame Graph: presents the data from the previous function in a graphical format.
- Show VFX Statistics: provides details on the VFX being shown on screen during gameplay, such as the number of particles and models.
- Show Time of Day: this allows players to view the current in-game time and modify it using a slider.
- Show Camera: provides information on the Camera’s angle, tilt, and zoom level.
- Show LUA Statistics: offers statistics related to using LUA programming in the game.
- Show UI Statistics: presents statistics regarding the game’s user interface, such as the amount of rendering and the mouse position.
- Show Memory: exhibits the amount allocated to and used by the game.
- Show Game Core Statistics: lists the top ten players with the longest gameplay time.
- Show VRS Demo Panel: opens a panel with several options for render mode and visual debugging.
Most of the commands available in the Civilization 6 command console focus on debugging and altering visual elements of the game. Players can experiment with only a limited number of other authorities. Removing the fog of war and adjusting the in-game time are among the public powers. A list of all open orders can be accessed for those interested in experimenting with more obscure functions. While the console may be limited in capabilities, it still provides exciting possibilities for players looking to modify their gameplay experience.
Here are some examples of the available console commands in Civilization 6:
- Reveal All – This command removes the fog of war from the map and allows you to see everything.
- SetTime [hour] – This command changes the in-game time to the specified hour.
- ToggleDebugMode – This command toggles the debug menu on and off.
- ToggleFOW – This command toggles the fog of war on and off.
- ListAllCommands – This command lists all the available commands in the console.
While these commands are relatively limited in scope, they can still provide some interesting ways to modify and enhance your gameplay experience. Whether you want to uncover the entire map or play through a game set entirely at night, the Civilization 6 console commands provide some fun possibilities for players to explore.