Star Wars Jedi: Survivor takes everything that worked in its predecessor and enhances it to create a superior second entry in the Jedi trilogy. The game continues the tale of Cal Kestis, who sets out on a new interstellar quest five years after the events of Fallen Order. However, unlike the previous game, Jedi: Survivor features an expansive open-world format, enabling players to venture to distant planets and engage in epic battles against the most infamous villains in the galaxy, all while utilizing advanced combat mechanics that improve upon those of the previous game.
The Gameplay Mechanics
It features an open world that the player can explore freely, along with various combat mechanics.
The game’s combat mechanics are based on the lightsaber battles in the Star Wars movies. The player can use a variety of moves, including parries, dodges, and different lightsaber stances, to defeat enemies. In addition to the lightsaber, the player can use a range of Force powers, including telekinesis, slow, and push. Players can use these Force powers throughout the game for combat and puzzle-solving purposes.
- Advertisement -
The game also features a skill tree that allows the player to upgrade the Jedi’s abilities as they progress through the game. The skill tree is divided into three categories: lightsaber, Force, and survival. Each category has a range of upgrades the player can choose from, allowing them to customize their playstyle.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor’s narrative occurs in the aftermath of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. As the player, you assume the role of Cal Kestis, a previous Jedi Padawan who managed to survive the Emperor’s lethal Order 66 that demanded the extermination of all Jedi.
Cal is hiding in Bracca, working as a scrapper for a salvage company. However, when he uses the Force to save a fellow worker from a dangerous accident, he is forced to flee the Empire and begins his journey as a Jedi survivor.
How Long to Beat the Game
The length of time it takes to beat Star Wars Jedi: Survivor depends on several factors, such as the player’s skill level, the difficulty setting they choose, and whether they focus on completing the main story or completing all side missions and challenges.
On average, it takes approximately 20-25 hours to complete the main story of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. However, this can vary depending on the player’s skill level and the difficulty setting they choose. For example, playing on the easiest difficulty setting may result in a shorter playtime, while playing on the hardest may result in a more extended one.
Completing all side missions and challenges can add 10-15 hours to the gameplay time. These side missions and challenges are optional but provide additional story content and rewards that can enhance the player’s overall experience.
It is also worth noting that the game features Star Wars Jedi: Survivor includes a New Game+ mode that lets players begin a new game. Play with all the upgrades they earned in their previous playthrough. This mode can add replay value to the game and extend the gameplay time.
Tips for Beating the Game
To beat Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, the player must master the game’s combat mechanics and upgrade the Jedi’s abilities through the skill tree. Here are some tips for beating the game:
- Practice the combat mechanics: The combat mechanics in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor can be challenging, especially in higher-difficulty settings. Practice the various moves, such as parries and dodges, to become more proficient in combat.
- Upgrade the Jedi’s abilities: The Star Wars Jedi: Survivor skill tree is crucial to upgrading the Jedi’s abilities. Spend skill points wisely to enhance the Jedi’s combat skills, Force powers, and survival skills.
- Explore the environment: The game’s vast open world contains hidden secrets and items. Take the time to explore the climate thoroughly to find hidden areas and complete side missions.
- Use the Force creatively: The Jedi’s Force powers can be used creatively in combat and to solve puzzles. Experiment with different Force powers to find unique ways to overcome challenges.
- Take on challenges and side missions: Completing challenges and side missions can provide valuable rewards, such as upgrades and new abilities. They also provide additional story content and can enhance the game’s overall experience.
- Please plan for boss battles: Boss battles in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor can be challenging, and planning for these encounters is essential. Understand the boss’s attack patterns and weaknesses to develop a strategy for defeating them.
- Be bold and adjust the difficulty setting: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor features several difficulty settings, and it’s okay to adjust the setting if the game is too challenging or accessible. Find the difficulty setting that works best for your skill level and playstyle.