Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a classic video game that was released in 1998 for the Nintendo 64 console. Despite being over 25 years old, it continues to captivate gamers and inspire new discoveries. Recently, a player discovered a useful trick with the game’s Ice Arrows, which has gained a lot of attention in the gaming community.
The Ice Arrows are a powerful weapon in the game that can freeze enemies and create platforms on water. However, the player discovered that they can also be used to put out flames on certain objects and surfaces, which can be very helpful in certain areas of the game. For example, in the Fire Temple dungeon, the player can use the Ice Arrows to extinguish flames blocking their path, making it easier to progress through the level.
The discovery of this trick after all these years is a testament to the depth and complexity of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, as well as the creativity and dedication of its fanbase. It also highlights the importance of experimentation and exploration in gaming, as players can often uncover new strategies and techniques through trial and error.
In Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Ice Arrows are a powerful weapon that can be used for a variety of purposes beyond just dealing damage to enemies. Here are some of the useful tricks that can be done with Ice Arrows and how to use them:
- Freezing enemies: One of the most obvious uses of Ice Arrows is to freeze enemies, making them temporarily immobile and vulnerable to attack. This can be especially helpful against tougher enemies or bosses.
- Creating platforms: Shooting an Ice Arrow at a body of water will create a temporary ice platform, allowing Link to cross over to other areas. This can be useful for reaching otherwise inaccessible places or avoiding hazards like whirlpools.
- Putting out flames: As mentioned earlier, Ice Arrows can also be used to extinguish flames on certain objects and surfaces. This can be helpful in areas like the Fire Temple dungeon, where flames may be blocking your path.
- Revealing secrets: Shooting an Ice Arrow at certain objects, such as walls or rocks, may reveal hidden passages or secrets. This can be a great way to uncover new areas or find hidden treasures.
- Cooling down hot surfaces: In some areas of the game, there may be hot surfaces that are too hot to touch. Shooting an Ice Arrow at these surfaces can cool them down, making them safe to walk on.
To use Ice Arrows, simply equip them in your inventory and press the button assigned to your bow to shoot them. Keep in mind that Ice Arrows use up magic power, so make sure to keep an eye on your magic meter and use them sparingly.
Overall, Ice Arrows are a versatile and powerful tool in Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and can be used in many creative ways to overcome challenges and discover secrets.