The Buzzard Sidearm has returned to Destiny 2‘s Nightfall loot pool in Season of Defiance, a common occurrence for the game to bring back old weapons from past seasons. However, players may be unsure of the correct way to obtain the gun.
The Buzzard Sidearm is an excellent addition to Destiny 2, and getting it requires some effort. However, it’s well worth the time and effort, as the Buzzard is a versatile weapon that can be effective in various combat situations. One of the unique features of the Buzzard is its Osmosis perk, which allows the weapon to switch between elemental damage types based on the player’s subclass. This makes the Buzzard a highly versatile weapon that can be used effectively in both PvE and PvP game modes.
Completing the “Tribute to the Colonies” quest to obtain the Buzzard Sidearm is a challenging task, but it’s also a rewarding experience. The quest requires players to complete various objectives, including completing strikes, earning multi-kills with sidearms, and earning close-range final blows with sidearms. Players must also complete the weekly Strikes, Gambit, and Crucible challenges to finish the quest. While the quest may take some time and effort, obtaining the Buzzard Sidearm is well worth the reward.
This in-depth article aims to guide Destiny 2 players on where to locate and acquire the Buzzard Sidearm and how to identify the ideal roll.
- Advertisement -
What is the Buzzard Sidearm?
The Buzzard Sidearm is a Kinetic Sidearm first introduced to Destiny 2 during the Season of Dawn. The Buzzard Sidearm is engineered to be light in weight and easy to manage, making it a potent option for engaging in combat at close ranges.
Its unique perk called Osmosis sets the Buzzard apart from other weapons. This perk allows the Buzzard to alter its elemental damage type to correspond with the player’s subclass. For example, if the player’s subclass is Void, the Buzzard will deal Void damage, which can be advantageous in certain combat scenarios. The Buzzard Sidearm is a versatile and valuable addition to any player’s arsenal in Destiny 2.
How to Get the Buzzard Sidearm?
To get the Buzzard Sidearm, you must complete a quest called “Tribute to the Colonies,” given by Zavala, the Vanguard Commander. The quest requires you to complete various activities and objectives, including:
- Completing 25 Strikes
- Killing 1500 enemies with Sidearms
- Earning 50 “multi-kills” with Sidearms
- Getting 100 “Close-Range” final blows with Sidearms
- Completing the “Strikes – weekly challenge” milestone
- Completing the “Gambit – weekly challenge” milestone
- Completing the “Crucible – weekly challenge” milestone
Once you have completed all the objectives, you must talk to Zavala to receive your reward – the Buzzard Sidearm.
What is the God Roll for the Buzzard Sidearm?
The God Roll for the Buzzard Sidearm depends on your playstyle and what you intend to use the weapon for. Here are some top-notch perks that can be beneficial for the Buzzard Sidearm.:
- Osmosis: This is the unique perk of the Buzzard Sidearm that allows it to change its elemental damage type to match your subclass. This perk is especially useful in endgame activities where enemies have weak shields against certain elements.
- Outlaw: This perk increases reload speed after a precision kill. This is a great perk for players who prefer to aim for headshots.
- Swashbuckler: This perk increases damage after a melee kills up to five stacks. This perk can be advantageous for players who prefer to engage in close-quarters combat with their foes.
- Rampage: This perk increases damage after a kill of up to three stacks. This is a great perk for players who like to take out multiple enemies in quick succession.
- Vorpal Weapon is a coveted perk in Destiny 2 that enhances the weapon’s ability to inflict damage against bosses, vehicles, and even guardians when they activate their Super. This makes it an excellent choice for players who need to take down formidable enemies quickly and efficiently. This is a great perk for players focusing on taking down high-value targets.
- Feeding Frenzy: This perk increases reload speed after a kill. This is a great perk for players who prefer to take out enemies quickly and move on to the next target.
- Zen Moment: This perk increases stability with each hit, making it easier to land follow-up shots. This is an excellent perk for players who struggle with recoil control.
It’s worth noting that the Buzzard Sidearm can also roll with perks that increase range, such as Accurized Rounds and Full Bore. These perks can be helpful to in PVP activities where you need to engage enemies from a distance.