Chewtle and Drednaw are two popular turtle-based Pokemon included in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, despite excluding other fan-favorite Gen 8 Pokemon. Drednaw, also known as the Bite Pokemon, boasts impressive stats in Attack, Defense, and HP, and has a strong Water/Rock typing that makes it resistant to several types of moves, including Normal-, Flying-, Poison-, Fire-, and Ice-type moves. For players who want to add Drednaw to their team, there are specific steps they need to take to find and capture it in the game.
In the eighth-generation Pokemon game series, Chewtle was introduced as a Water-type Pokemon. It is a small, turtle-like Pokemon with a round body and a green shell. Chewtle’s most distinctive feature is its large, square jaw that it uses to bite down on its enemies. It also has two small, stubby legs that allow it to move on land.
Various locations throughout Pokemon Scarlet & Violet are home to Chewtle, and players can find and catch it there. One of the most accessible places to find Chewtle is on Route 3. This is a relatively early area in the game, so players should be able to find Chewtle here reasonably quickly. Once in Route 3, players must search the grassy areas for Chewtle. It is a relatively common Pokemon, so players should not have too much trouble finding it.
- Advertisement -
Another location where players can find Chewtle is in the Galar Mine. This is a bit more difficult to navigate, but it is worth the effort for players who want to catch Chewtle. In the mine, players must search the rocky areas for Chewtle. It is a bit rarer here than in Route 3, so players may need to explore before they can find it.
Once players have found Chewtle, they must weaken it before catching it. This can be done by battling it with other Pokemon or using ineffective moves against it. Once Chewtle’s HP has been lowered, players can use a Poke Ball to catch it.
Drednaw is another Water-type Pokemon introduced in the eighth generation of the Pokemon games. It is a larger and more powerful Pokemon than Chewtle and has a more menacing appearance. Drednaw has a large, armored shell covering most of its body and two powerful jaws that it uses to crush its enemies.
In Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, Drednaw can be found in several locations. One of the most accessible places to find Drednaw is on Route 5. This is a relatively early area in the game, and players should be able to find Drednaw here fairly quickly. Once in Route 5, players must search the grassy areas for Drednaw. It is a relatively common Pokemon, so players should not have too much trouble finding it.
Another location where players can find Drednaw is in the Galar Mine No. 2. This is a bit of a complex area to navigate, but it is worth the effort for players who want to catch Drednaw. In the mine, players must search the rocky areas for Drednaw. It is a bit rarer here than it is in Route 5, so players may need to explore before they can find it.
Once players have found Drednaw, they must weaken it before they can catch it. This can be done by battling it with other Pokemon or using ineffective moves against it. Once Drednaw’s HP has been lowered, players can use a Poke Ball to catch it.
Tips for Catching Chewtle and Drednaw
Catching Chewtle and Drednaw in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet is not too difficult, but a few tips can make the process easier for players.
- Use Pokemon with type advantages: Chewtle and Drednaw are Water-type Pokemon, which means they are weak to Electric and Grass-type moves. Players should consider using Pokemon with Electric or Grass-type moves to weaken Chewtle and Drednaw before attempting to catch them.
- Weaken the Pokemon before using a Poke Ball: To catch Chewtle and Drednaw, players will need to weaken them first. Using ineffective moves against or battling them with weaker Pokemon can be an excellent way to lower their HP. Once their HP is low, players can use a Poke Ball to catch them.
- Use a higher-level Poke Ball: Players should consider using a higher-level Poke Ball, such as an Ultra Ball or a Master Ball, to catch Chewtle and Drednaw. These Poke Balls have a higher catch rate than regular Poke Balls, so players are more likely to see the Pokemon with them.
- Consider using status conditions: Players can also consider using status conditions, such as Sleep or Paralysis, to make it easier to catch Chewtle and Drednaw. These conditions make it harder for the Pokemon to dodge Poke Balls, which can increase the chances of catching them.
- Be patient: Players should be patient when catching Chewtle and Drednaw. These Pokemon are not too difficult to catch, but finding and weakening them may take some time. Players should not get discouraged if they do not catch the Pokemon on their first try and should keep trying until they are successful.