In Destiny 2, armor mods are items that players can equip on their armor pieces to enhance their character’s abilities and attributes. The Armor 2.0 system, introduced in 2019 with the Shadowkeep expansion, expanded the armor mod system by providing additional customization options.
With Armor 2.0, players could now unlock and equip various mods that would give them additional perks or bonuses. These mods could be acquired through multiple means, such as completing in-game activities or purchasing them from vendors.
In November 2020, with the release of the Beyond Light expansion, Ghost Shells were given the same treatment. Previously, Ghost Shells were cosmetic items that players could equip to change the appearance of their in-game companion. However, with the addition of the energy and mod system, Ghost Shells can now be equipped with various mods that enhance the player’s abilities and attributes, similar to armor mods.
Players can now acquire Ghost Shell mods like armor mods by completing in-game activities or purchasing them from vendors. Adding the energy and mod system to Ghost Shells has added another layer of customization to the game, allowing players to fine-tune their characters to their specific playstyle and preferences.
- Advertisement -
Here’s a more detailed explanation of the various Ghost mods available in Destiny 2:
- Guiding Light – This mod is one of the game’s most valuable and commonly used Ghost mods. It provides a 10% boost to experience gains for the player and their fire team, making it easier to level up and earn rewards.
- Speed Demon – This mod increases the recharge rate of the player’s Sparrow summons, making it easier to traverse the game’s various maps quickly. It also boosts reload speed when the player picks up ammo.
- Treasure Hunter – This mod increases the chance of finding additional items when opening planetary chests, making it valuable for players who enjoy exploring the game’s various worlds.
- Public Defender – This mod increases the amount of Glimmer (the game’s currency) earned from public events, making it easier to accumulate wealth in the game.
- Omni-Telemetry – This mod increases the drop rate of telemetry data, which can be used to increase reputation with various factions in the game.
- Better Already – This mod provides a small amount of health regeneration when the player picks up an Orb of Light.
- Combo Detector – This mod highlights nearby resource nodes and increases the range at which they can be detected.
- Power Finders – This mod increases the chance of finding Heavy ammo drops.
- Precision Targeting – This mod increases the aim assist and target acquisition for weapons equipped by the player.
- Recuperation – This mod increases the rate at which the player’s health regenerates when not taking damage.
When players inspect their Ghost, they will notice four slots available for mods. However, before adding any Ghost mods, players should ensure that they have increased the maximum energy available for mods by Masterworking their Ghost.
This process is much cheaper for Ghost Shells than armor or weapons and only requires players to spend Glimmer and Legendary Shards.
Having more energy available for their Ghost allows players to equip more or more powerful mods, as each mod has an energy cost that can vary depending on its strength.
Therefore, by increasing their Ghost’s energy capacity, players can equip more mods or a combination of mighty mods that can benefit significantly during gameplay.
It is important to note that some mods are more valuable than others, and their effectiveness may depend on the player’s playstyle and the activities they are participating in. As such, players should carefully consider which mods to equip on their Ghost to maximize their effectiveness in the game.
Players can attach mods to the Experience Mod Socket on their Ghost Shell to enhance their XP gains. These mods are available in various potency levels, with the most straightforward mod increasing XP gains by 2%, while the most costly mod provides a more significant boost of 12%. The socket can accommodate six mods, each offering a distinct percentage increase to the amount of XP players can earn while playing the game.
Ghost mods that allow players to track resources and loot caches in Destiny 2 are beneficial. These mods enable players to highlight various planetary resources and loot caches scattered throughout patrol zones.
Depending on the mod, tracking distances can range from 20 to 75 meters, with longer-range mods typically being more expensive than their shorter-range counterparts. Some mods also offer the added benefit of combo detection, allowing players to track planetary resources and loot caches simultaneously.
Ghost mods that enhance resource gains can benefit players in Destiny 2. These mods are typically focused on increasing the amount of Glimmer players can earn during gameplay. However, some mods can also affect the stat rolls on armor that players obtain. For example, there is a mod that guarantees a minimum of 10 points in a specific stat (such as Intellect, Strength, or Discipline) whenever players acquire armor. Additionally, some mods are designed to improve the loot drops from public events, making them more rewarding for players.