In Pokemon GO, battles between Pokemon are determined by a complex combat system that relies on each type of Pokemon’s unique characteristics and attributes.
Each Pokemon belongs to a specific type, such as Fire, Water, or Grass, and has its own strengths and weaknesses that determine its battle performance.
Some types of Pokemon are more effective against others, while others may be more vulnerable to certain types of attacks. A thorough understanding of the various types and their attributes is essential for success in battles and mastery of Pokemon GO. A Pokemon deals double damage when it uses a “super effective” move against another.
Conversely, when an action is “ineffective,” it deals half the damage. Understanding the different types of matchups is essential when choosing which Pokemon to use in battle. For example, using a Pokemon with super effective moves against your opponent’s Pokemon can give you an advantage.
Every type of Pokemon in the universe has its unique set of strengths and weaknesses when it comes to battling other types. For instance, bug-type Pokemon are especially susceptible to fire, flying, and rock-type moves, but they have a strong advantage against dark, grass, and psychic-type moves. Likewise, fire-type Pokemon are vulnerable to water-type moves, but they have a distinct advantage against grass, ice, bug, and steel-type moves.
However, some Pokemon have multiple types, further complicating their strengths and weaknesses. Understanding the strengths and vulnerabilities of each type is essential for developing a winning strategy in battles and achieving success as a Pokemon trainer.
For example, a dragon- and flying-type Pokémon like Rayquaza are weak to ice-type moves, which are super effective against both of its types. On the other hand, rock- and bug-type Pokémon like Shuckle are resistant to fire-type moves, which are not very effective against either of its types.
Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of different Pokémon types can help trainers make strategic decisions in battles, such as choosing the best Pokémon to use against their opponent or selecting the most practical moves. By using this knowledge to their advantage, trainers can increase their chances of winning battles and becoming the best Pokémon trainer they can be.
To deal with the most damage possible, players should ensure that their Pokemon’s moves are powerful against their opponent’s Pokemon. This means that players should select Pokemon with super effective actions against their opponent’s Pokemon type, giving them an advantage in battle.
Understanding these strengths and weaknesses is crucial for maximizing damage output and minimizing damage in battles.
Here is a breakdown of the strengths and weaknesses of each Pokémon type in Pokémon GO:
- Average: No strengths or weaknesses.
- Fighting: Strong against Normal, Rock, Steel, Ice, and Dark types. Weak against Flying, Poison, Psychic, Bug, Ghost, and Fairy types.
- Flying: Strong against Fighting, Bug, and Grass types. Weak against Rock, Steel, and Electric types.
- Poison: Strong against Grass and Fairy types. Weak against Poison, Ground, Rock, Ghost, and Steel types.
- Ground: Strong against Poison, Rock, Steel, Fire, and Electric types. Weak against Flying, Bug, and Grass types.
- Rock: Strong against Flying, Bug, Fire, and Ice types. Weak against Fighting, Ground, and Steel types.
- Bug: Strong against Grass, Psychic, and Dark types. Weak against Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ghost, Steel, Fire, and Fairy types.
- Ghost: Strong against Ghost and Psychic types. Weak against Normal and Dark types.
- Steel: Strong against Rock, Ice, and Fairy types. Weak against Steel, Fire, Water, and Electric types.
- Fire: Strong against Bug, Steel, Grass, and Ice types. Weak against Rock, Fire, Water, and Dragon types.
- Water: Strong against Ground, Rock, and Fire types. Weak against Water, Grass, Dragon, and Electric types.
- Grass: Strong against Ground, Rock, and Water types. Weak against Flying, Poison, Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass, Dragon, and Ice types.
The type of each Pokemon in Pokemon GO makes it vulnerable to specific attacks, for example, a Grass-type like Bulbasaur taking more damage from fire-type attacks. However, the type also makes the Pokemon strong against certain types, such as a Grass-type being strong against a water-type like Squirtle. Understanding the interactions between the different types is essential for winning battles in Pokemon GO and being strategic when challenging a gym.
Additionally, the Normal type may be resistant to some attacks but vulnerable to others. It is also immune to Ghost-type moves but vulnerable to Fighting-type actions. Understanding these interactions is essential for players to build effective teams and win battles in the game.